Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lake Wallenpaupack Fishing Report- 6/24/12

Water has been warming up nicely.  Temps are in the mid 70s.  Topwater fishing has been good in the early morning hours.  The Community holes are filling up fast with all kinds of cruisers, pontoon boats, etc.  Just the other day, a pontoon boat with 8 bait fishermen pulled within 10 yds. of my boat at 0630 and started fishing.  Can you believe that?  The guy's name was Rocky.  I took a photo of his pontoon boat and his registration number.  I'm not sure if I'm going to report the guy to the PA Fish and Game Commission or not.  I'll have to check and see if that will do any good.  I know it's NOT just me this guy has crowded on the Lake, he did it to another bassboat.  In fact, the other bassboat was a Guide on the Lake, Ray's Guide Service.  I heard Ray got into a shouting match with Rocky after I left.  I had a few words with Rocky myself.  If this persists, Rocky's ignorance, I may have to give my old friend Jerry a call.  Jerry would be paying Rocky a friendly visit and letting him know about proper fishing etiquette.
Hot air temps this week will be driving up the water temp to the mid-to-high 70s.  With the increased water temps comes increased feeding. i.e. bass will be eating more often..especially at night and early morning hours.  During the day, when the sun gets high, the fish will be headed deep.  You can bang the banks all you want and you'll come up short.  Better patterns during the day (then banging the bank) would be fishing under the docks (where the temps are cooler and sunlight not as bright) and on deeper points (where the same conditions exist).
If you've never fished at night, July and August are the best months at the Pack.  I like fishing at night.  There are no pesky pontoon boats or cruisers out at night.  The water is calm.  The temps are cooler.  The topwater fishing is AWESOME..in addition to jig and spinnerbait fishing.  I've caught my biggest Largemouth at night with a Jitterbug.  You can also run into a school of Stripers at night feeding on Threadfin Shad.  When the Striper's start busting baitfish at night, you'll know it.  It will sound like somebody is drowning.
Fish ON!  Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment