Monday, June 11, 2012

Lake Wallenpaupack Fishing Report- 6/11/12

Absolutely hammered em topwater on Saturday morning with my friend, and Professional Guide, Bill Albright.  That's the nice thing about going with a guide, if there is action to be had, they know where it is.  I'd say in a 4 hr. period we caught at least 12 smallies in the 2-3 lb. range.  It was a lot of fun.
On Sunday, I went out on my own (in the morning) and tried OTHER topwater spots with little success.  In fact, other than the bruiser Striper I caught on topwater (my first in years) the topwater action was non-existent.
Both days, similar weather pattern- overcast skies, little to no wind.  So, I can't see the weather being a big factor on why we caught em good on Saturday and not on Sunday.  Definitely had to do with where we were fishing.
Water temps remain in the high 60s low 70s on both days.  Only fished for 4 hours each day (0600-1000).  When I see or hear the first jetski it's time to get off the Lake.  I detest jetskis..just wasting gas as far as I'm concerned.
Fish ON!  Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment