Tuesday, August 21, 2012

2012 TZX 190 w/ Jackplate


Here's a pic of a TZX 190 from a friend Randy (from Louisiana) I met on the net.  Randy's boat, like mine, is a 2012 Skeeter TZX 190.  However, Randy has some additional items I don't have such as a tandem axle trailer and a 4" Jackplate on the transom.  I'm going to have a JP installed on my TZX 190 over the Winter.  The JP is a good idea on this boat for several reasons: a) you get better performance out of the outboard (less drag=higher speed + better mpg), b) better shallow water boat/trailer loading, c) gives Side Imaging transducer room for a better look/view  and d) puts the engine higher and further back of transom for a better ride and frees cables/hoses from binding on stern deck.  Just a good investment if you ask me.

Good lookin' boat Randy.  Fish ON! Rob

1 comment: