Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lake Wallenpaupack fishing report- 5/27/12

Headed out early Sunday morning at 0530.  Air Temp 68F, water temp the same.  Didn't expect much since it was the Holiday Weekend and the boat traffic higher than normal.  Cloudy skies, no breeze.  Started fishing the bank mid-Lake with jigs, worms, tubes, etc.  Nothing on the bank except some rock bass and small bucks.  I pounded the bank pretty good too.  Used Side Imaging and didn't see anything either.  Noticed fish were sitting on the bottom in 12-15 ft. of water.  So, started fishing deeper water.  Within minutes, caught a 4-5 lb. Walleye.  I haven't caught a Walleye at the Pack in years primarily because they like deeper cooler water- especially this time of year.  I'm guessing the water temp at 12-15 ft. was still in the 50s..where they like it.  I got off the Lake at 0930 because I absolutely detest fishing with all the YAKS out on the Lake..and I'm not talking Kayaks..I'm talking pleasure boaters, jet skies, etc.

Speaking of YAKS, I might fish out of my Kayak this weekend because the boat has to go back to the dealer for some engine work.  I lost my throttle linkage this past weekend...and almost didn't make it back to the launch ramp.  I was NOT a happy camper taking my boat out of the water at the launch ramp without any power.  Ever try to winch a 2000 lb. boat onto a trailer where you have to lift the bow over the bow roller with one hand while you're winching with the other?  I had a guy help me, thank God.  Hey, you can still catch some nice size Smallies out of a Kayak.  Can't cover as much water but you can definitely fish an area more thoroughly and stealthier.  I'll have another report next weekend.

Fish ON!  Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment