Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lake Wallenpaupack Fishing Report- 6/15/13

Docks and Rocks was the pattern.  Today, Saturday, was a "bluebird day"..a day where you're normally better doing anything else but fishing..at least at the Pack.  That's not to say you can't catch a fish or two..but you're not going to fill-up the livewells- so to speak. 

I started out at 0600, clear skies, slight breeze, 59F.  Water temp was 64F.  Wind was out of the South at 10mph.  I wanted to see if there was a topwater bite so I spent the first hour throwing a Spook, Chug-Bug and Pop-R.  Only a couple takers..just shorts. 

I moved from topwater lures to swimbaits..no takers there either.  Then, after two hours of no legal Smallies caught, I boated my first decent size Smallie..a nice 2 lb. chunk on a tube.  I caught another within 1/2 hour going maybe 2.5 lbs.  I caught a few shorts, panfish, etc. in between.  I noticed all the nice size Smallies were caught near docks and rocks.  I imagine the bigger Smallies were under the docks and not too far from their rocky spawning grounds.  The fish I caught were females.  One had been caught before by the looks of the "ripped" lip.

By 0900 the first of the jet skiers appeared.  Normally, that is the cue for me to get the hell off the lake.  And, that's EXACTLY what I did.  I got off the Lake by 0930. 

Fish ON! Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment