Monday, September 24, 2012

Lake Wallenpaupack Fishing Report- 9/22/12

Fishing was HORRIBLE on Saturday- at least for me it was.  I woke-up to 20-30 mph winds on Sat morning.  I turned on the Weather Channel and it said winds out of the SE at 7 mph for Scranton/Carbondale. Are you kidding me, 7 mph?  When I got over to Capri Marina at 0800 the winds were at least 20-30 mph out of the SE.  In fact, it was the windiest day I experienced so far this year on the Lake.  The waves were 2-3 ft. out on the Lake.  The skies were threatening..cloudy.  The air temp was 57F.  Water temp was 68F.  After launching I headed over to Briar Hill Summit and fished the bank down into Martin's Cove.  Naturally, there were 6 other boats along the shoreline staying out of the wind.  I think there was a tournament out of the State Ramp.  Nobody was catching a thing (and I was watching them all)..including me...NOTHING.  I switched up baits too and fished deeper..and NOTHING.  I caught a perch and sunfish but that was it..no bass.  From there, I headed over to my cove (Goose Pond Cove) and fished from the Castle looking house on the Point down into Goose Pond creek.  NOTHING.  It started to spit rain a little bit..mostly a fine mist.  From there, I headed across the Lake...and NOTHING.  At that time, 1030, the wind started to subside and the sun started to peek out a little.  But, I was also disgusted..just didn't feel like fishing anymore.  I took the boat out by 1130.  When I got back to the ramp, the 3 other bass boat trailers that were there were gone.  So, I'm sure they were equally as disgusted and left.  Later on in the day, the skies cleared, the winds subsided, and the sun came out.  We didn't get rain till late afternoon.  When it did rain, it came down in buckets for at least 5-10 minutes..and then it cleared up.  That was it, cold front had moved through.  I have NO IDEA why the fishing wasn't better prior to the front moving in.  Normally, when the barometer is dropping the feeding is more frequent.  Well, not for me.

Chalk this one up as the worst day fishing on the Lake all year long.  Hope I don't experience another like it.

Fish ON!  Rob

1 comment: