Monday, April 14, 2014

Ice Off!

According to the video camera at Lighthouse Harbor Marine (on the Lake), the ice is officially off of the Pack.  I guess these last couple days of mid 70F temps melted the last of the ice.  You can go to  http://www.poconoweather.com  and see for yourself.

Now, I'm getting excited.  I've been out fishing already on the Susquehanna Flasts for LMs, but can't wait to hook into my first Smallie on the Pack.

I'll be up for a week in the next few weeks, so I'll post my first Fish Report at that time.  I may even do some Striper fishing this year..for the first time.  I saw a guy catch and release a 22 pounder last year.  He weighed it right there on his boat...so I know it was a legitimate 20+ pounder. I'm not sure what he was throwing.  If I had to guess I'd say live baitfish.  Big ones!  I'm not a bait fisherman but I may have to give-in this year, buy some baitfish and try to hook into one of these monsters.

Until then, Fish ON!  Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment