Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

The frozen Pack (photo)..at least it was starting to freeze this past weekend.  And, with the cold temps on the way this week (high of 8F, and low of -8F on Friday), the ice should only get thicker.

I'm not an ice fisherman.  Although having said that, I did a little bit as a kid (on the Pack) with a pick (to punch some holes in the ice) and a half dozen tip-ups (at $2/piece).  I never had any money to buy an ice auger or decent ice fishing equipment.

Three more months (90 days), whichever seems less, until the ice is gone and Spring fishing is on at the Pack.  This year, I'm going to take a vested interest in Striper Fishing in the Spring.  I never really targeted Stripers before..probably because I didn't know how to catch them.  But, this year will be different.  I think I'm going to hire a Striper fishing guide and learn as much as I can about them.  All catch-n-release for me.

Oh, for you ice fishermen...the ice is only about 1-2" thick on the Pack right now (1/1/14).  But, after this weekend, I'm sure it will be closer to 1 foot.

Fish ON!  Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment