Monday, October 1, 2012

Lake Wallenpaupack Fishing Report- 9/29/12

A repeat of last Saturday- HORRIBLE fishing!  Again, the Smallies were NOT on the bank.  BTW, when I say "on the bank", I'm talking from 0-10 ft. of water.   I fished from 10-15 ft. and all I was able to pickup was a big-a$$ pickerel and some panfish by jigging.  Air Temp was 54F, water temp 65F.  Winds were out of the Northwest at 10 mph.  Skies were cloudy all day...no sun.  I fished from 0730 to 1130, Penn State game was on at noon. (Beat Illinois)

So, what's going on with the Smallies?  Two weeks in a row the fish are NOT on the bank and hanging out in deeper water.  I heard that the Smallies are actually in 20-25 ft. of water..about 5-10 ft. deeper than what I was fishing.  No wonder I wasn't marking any fish on the fishfinder..or baitfish schools.  They were a tad deeper.

I'll be up again this Saturday to give it another go.  I'll be checking the bank, once again, but not spending any time there if I don't get bit quickly.  No sense in pissin' time away on the bank when they're hanging out in deep water.  I'll know if they are on the bank within an hour.  All I need to do is check a couple spots, with my "magic" bait..ha

If anyone is reading this blog..and wants to share some info..click on the comments section below this post.  Or, you can email me at: mullerrj@gmail.com

Fish ON!  Rob

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for publishing about the post Fishing Lake. Very good article and Simple but I have enjoyed this post. Thanks admin for for sharing this info.
    Fishing Lake

    ReplyDelete