Friday, January 20, 2012

Skeeter ZX 190


Well, you can't exactly fish very well for smallies without a boat.  And, right now, all I have is my Hobie Outback Fisherman Kayak.  Yes, I know you can fish for smallies from a bank or wade fish in a river.  I've done it before even when I had a boat.  But, you can cover MUCH more with a boat.  I've fished out of all kinds of boats too: canoes, row boats, kayaks, bass boats, pontoon boats, etc.  You name it..I've fished out of it for smallmouth.  But, without a doubt, there is NO BETTER tool for catching smallmouth bass than a good "quality" bass boat.

I say "quality" boats because I've owned some crap before.  Not because I wanted to buy crap but because that's all I could afford.  Trust me, when it comes to "tournament level" bass boats..you get what you pay for.  Only a true tournament fishermen can appreciate that.  If you don't believe me, ask my old fishing partner Kirk about a Tournament on the Potomac River where we "beat the shit" out of my boat trying to get back to the weigh-in on time with a "definite" lunker in the livewell.  When I say "beat" I'm talking: cracked windshields, broken steering mount, broken trolling motor mount, broken rods, etc.

So, who makes a "quality" bassboat?  Ranger, Triton, Skeeter, Nitro (only some models), Bass Cat, etc.  Basically, any boat you see a Bassmaster Pro fishing tournaments out of is a "quality" boat. 

I'm currently looking at a Skeeter ZX 190 or TZX 190.   I have a BMW to sell before I can afford it though.  Until then... 

1 comment:

  1. I better be in that boat this summer! Will it survive saltwater?

    ReplyDelete