Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2012 Wallenpaupack Fishing Reports


Thought I'd post bass fishing reports for the upcoming fishing season since I haven't really seen any noteworthy reports on the internet.  Now that I have a house on the Lake, I'll be fishing "the Pack" more regularly than before.  My reports will NOT specify what lures I'm using.  Nor will they specify what particular spots I'm fishing.  Why?  Because most of the time it's NOT the particular lure that's catching the fish or the spot/location..it's the fisherman. i.e. technique, boat position, time of day, weather, etc. has a LOT to do with catching.  There are just so many variables to list.  Besides, most guys are BSing when they tell you they're killing em on a certain lure.  If they're killing em, why would they tell you?  Especially when the bite is tough.  But, what I will try to do is post information that will help you increase your chances of catching bass. e.g. water temp, moon phase, weather conditions, seasonal patterns, depths, types of lures (swimbaits, tubes, worms, jerkbaits, sp-baits, etc.), colors (that seem to catch more), etc. 

So, a typical (Smallie) report might look something like this:

Date: Saturday, May19th, 2012
Time: 0600-1000
Depth: Primarily 6-10 ft.
Pattern: Pre-spawn/Spawn
Lures: Jerkbaits, Tubes, Jigs
Weather: Clear skies, Sunny/warm, 75F, calm winds, steady barometer
Water Temp: 59F
# Caught: 3
Size: 1.5-3 lbs.
Comments: Light boat traffic.  No fish caught off banks.  Fish were caught staging.  2 bucks and 1 female (female being the largest) caught on Jerkbaits around BIG rocks.

As always, if you REALLY want to catch BIG smallies and/or learn the lake, I highly recommend you give Bill Albright a call and book a guide trip.  You can get his number off his website at: www.billsguideservice.com  Bill has been guiding on the lake longer than anyone I know, and I've been fishing the Lake every year since 1982.  There are a couple other Guide Service's on the Pack but only Bill has the experience to put you on BIG fish.  Bill is a former B.A.S.S. Touring Professional and full-time fishing guide. 

After I post a report on this blog, feel free to reply to the report via the comment section on the bottom.  I'll be headed up to the Pack this Saturday and Sunday to fish, so I'll have a report for you on Sunday night.  Until then, Fish ON!  Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment